Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week 10! :,(

Sorry for my absence in debate last week. I had to go to Knotts Berry Farm for some fun time. And during the trip, I finally overcame my fear of rollercoasters! But I lost my glasses on the Silver Bullet... So the following Monday, after Knotts Berry Farm, my friends and I went to a camp. I didn't know it was a Christian camp until I looked it up right before going there. It was a four day three night camp and I came back on Thursday. We did rock climbing and once you get to the top, you can zip line back down. There was volleyball, water games, rock climbing, obstacle courses, swimming, and paintball guns. I didn't exactly enjoy playing paintball until the near end because I was hiding in the same place looking out for the other team. And right when I barely made it to the hiding area, me and my friend were already shot at. I barely dodged and was only grazed on the leg but my friend was shot on the head. However, the helmet helped take most of the blow and the paintball didn't break. Around in the middle, we were being attacked and we were somewhat surrounded. My friend shot down one person while I was trying to shoot, but my gun was locked and I missed my chance. Near the end, I finally got to shoot and I was what people would call "trigger happy". It was really fun using the gun. I wasn't injured throughout the game. But on the last day of camp, when everyone was giving hugs, I fell and hit the back of my head and my back on the corner of the bench. And that was just hugging my friends -___- Oddly, my head doesn't hurt but is bruised lightly. My back, however, has a large bruise that was hurting like crazy. Nevertheless, I had fun learning about God and Jesus and I didn't want to leave. By the way, I didn't turn Christian or anything. I'm still Atheist.






Ropes/Confidences Course


I didn't really learn too much in debate. It was like a rerun course, I already knew most of it. But my whip speeches are getting better. I think my critical listening has gotten better too. I'm going to miss this class a lot. There were less than three people I disliked in there and that's saying something! My previous class had at least four people I disliked. Listening to the styles and way of thinking from my classmates were fun because I can learn from them and find different ways to improve my skills in the process. I hope I get the same classmates and Ms. Krissy again. Thanks a lot :)



A toast to us!~

2 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle. You missed a horrible week of tennis. Good for you! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. dam u so rucky >.> i havent went painballin in a while, u shuld tell me which camp is it :D

    ReplyDelete