Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 6

West Bank Story was really funny. I didn't get what it was making fun of so I probably missed the whole message of it. Waiting for Superman was also a good movie. I knew a little about the schools in less fortunate areas but this movie really expanded what I needed to know. The movie didn't make me feel like helping or doing anything for the school. All it did was made me feel sad, hopeful, and happy for the families that won the lottery.



I expected GLBT to be some kind of group of government people or some kind of law of some sort. I was half right about it being a group. But the last thing I expected was for it to be a group of gays, lesbians, transgenders, and bisexual. I know I should have known when Mrs. Krissy posted the debate topics along with it. But...all I really saw was THW and THBT and letters. GLBT is like a "gay community". I don't really know what it's for. When I looked it up it I noticed some links saying "GLBT National Help Center" and "...information about this organization..." I didn't really get it because I skipped all the boring or "adult" words. When I opened a link, it talked about gays and lesbians. So far I only know there is a help and community center for gays and lesbians.

No comments:

Post a Comment